Q: What is Service Line coverage?
A: Service Line coverage provides protection against a leak, break, tear, rupture, collapse or arcing of a covered service line caused by:
• Artificially generated electrical current
• Mechanical breakdown, latent defect or inherent vice
• Root invasion
• Wear and tear, marring, deterioration, hidden decay, rust or other corrosion
• Weight of equipment, animals or people
Q: What are some examples of covered property?
A: Examples of covered property include:
• Water piping that connects from the residence to a public water supply system or private well system.
• Ground loop piping that connects to a heat pump.
• Power line that provides electrical service to the insured premise or related private structures.
Q: What is the criteria for Service Line coverage?
A: The “covered service line” must:
• Be located on the “insured premises.”
• Be located underground.
• Provide a service to the residence as defined in the endorsement.
• Be owned by the insured or the insured must be legally liable for its repair or replacement.
Q: What is the deductible?
A: $500 per occurrence.
Q: What is the limit?
A: $10,000 per occurrence.
Q: Are excavation costs covered?
A: Yes. Excavation costs are covered up to the $10,000 per occurrence limit.
Q: Would a blockage in the service line be covered?
A: Blockage or low pressure is not covered as there is no direct damage to the service line.